Craig Groeschel says, “Never say our people won’t, we should say we have not led our people too”
1. Understanding yourself
- Who I am in Christ – Remind yourself of what Jesus has done for you daily!
- Understanding my strengths and weaknesses (Be honest and have others who will be honest with you)
- Emotional intelligence (how you see you and how others see you)
2. How to lead your team
- Learn the personalities on your team (gifts and
- Get the right people on your team
- Get the right people in the right positions on your team
- Developing your team (retreats, leadership training, vision casting, coffee/meals)
- Keeping your team healthy (Evaluations and relationship)
3. Understanding God’s word and communicating it effectively
- Preach for life change.
- Preach with leadership in mind.
- Implement a discipling culture in your church.
4. Understanding culture and how to lead your church to reach it
- Think like a missionary and teach your staff/church to do the same
- Don’t get stuck in methods (Principles never change, methods always do)
5. Never become complacent
- Keep developing yourself (read, learn people outside of your tribe, learn from business leaders, listen to podcast, stretch yourself to learn from new people)
- Stay hungry
- Be coachable and have a coach/mentor in your life that has accomplished what you dream to accomplish.